- Short reviews run 1,500-2,000
- Submit all manuscripts as Microsoft Word documents.
- All material—extracts, notes, and so on—should
- Notes should be in endnote format, following The Chicago Manual of Style.
- Submit four to eight images to accompany your
essay, along with full caption and credit information. Digital images should
have a resolution of 300 dpi at the desired final print size. For instance, if
an image should bleed, then we will need a 300 dpi image that is the width of
the journal, that is, 7.5 inches wide. We also prefer that digital images be in
the TIFF file format.
- Captions for artwork should include all of the
following information: Artist, title, year, medium(s), dimensions, photo credit
(where appropriate), copyright info.
- Include image placement notes, or “call-outs,”
in your manuscript.
- The author will be responsible for obtaining
permission to publish any material under copyright, including all images
submitted with your article. In the event that we publish your article, we will
provide forms for obtaining such permission.
- Submit a one- to two-sentence author biography.
- Submit a brief abstract of your essay (250 words
or fewer). Examples provided upon request.
- The author's name, affiliation, mailing address,
e-mail address, and telephone number should appear on a separate cover page or
in an e-mail.
Nka reserves the right to copyedit manuscripts to conform to the
journal's style, which follows The
Chicago Manual of Style, sixteenth edition. Spelling will be edited to
conform to American English. Pieces that are substantially edited will be sent
to authors for review before publication.